fredag 31 augusti 2012

The Deserters: pre production notes

About this post: We have just 
begun making our new movie 
"The Deserters". 
The movie is going to be 
released in December 2012. 



The story:
In the future, war is happening all over the world. Poverty and greed have taken over. In this new world, one must be strong and without feelings to survive. Four soldiers realize in the war zone that they have no way of surviving so they decide to desert to a close by forest. But there is something in the forest that lurks and is much more dangerous than the war. 

I have been writing a script for a couple of weeks, and it finally seems to be finished. I'm very excited about it. And since this is our second movie, we have learned a lot from the last movie, and we know this one will be a lot better. Also, we have a budget (I am the producer of the movie as well). The budget is about 800 Dollars. Which is a lot considering we are making a movie for free, and we will not be making money from it. 


 We have also been scouting locations for the movie, and I have been designing the character clothing. It is going to be great! :)


There will be make up, and amazing special effects. Also, I will be investing in a Imac and Final cut pro x, so I will be able to color correct it and get just the right special effects. 


Markus, who is also playing one of the characters, has been developing a magnificent soundtrack for the movie. He is our main composer. And listening to some of the first tracks, I am telling you, the music of the movie will really set the tone perfectly with the story. 


Here are some concept art photos, for characters etc. 




_____________________________________________________________


About the writer: My name is Tommy Starsson. I write on several blogs. And my great passion in life is making movies and writing articles about things in the world that I find fascinating. Please read about my other projects. Don't forget to sign my guestbook. Also you can comment down below. Have a great day.